28 Sep Review of Murray’s Steakhouse in Minneapolis
Murray’s Steakhouse in Minneapolis
Murry’s Steakhouse https://murraysrestaurant.com/ is located 26 6th Street in Minneapolis, Minnesota. They are open seven days a week in downtown Minneapolis. It has a 4.8 rating on OpenTable and 4.7 on Goggle.
Some history…the restaurant is in one of the oldest buildings in Minneapolis, built in 1880’s. The current owners are the third generation to own and personally run this wonderful restaurant. The interior has been recently updated and is classy and elegant and yet has the feel of a high-end supper club. You have a feeling of history and feel the care from the moment you walk through the front door until the grateful thank you as you leave. All generations have treated the customers this way and that makes Murray’s a unique experience. It should also be mentioned they have one of the best wine lists in Minnesota.
Here is the dinner menu https://murraysrestaurant.com/menu and here is what we enjoyed…
- Garlic toast – I would come there just for this…soaked with garlic and butter. Nobody does them like Murray’s does! Free with dinner and in the cocktail lounge.
- Shrimp cocktail – huge shrimp, almost the size of prawns and fresh and delicious.
- Wedge salad – iceberg lettuce, tomato, onion, gorgonzola crumbles, French and Roquefort dressing. It was perfect!
- Chateaubriand for two – I think this is the best tenderloin steak in Minnesota. It is 24 oz. and carved tableside and you can really cut it with a butter knife! Aged at least a month, served with soup or salad and choice of potato. I had Au Gratin potatoes, and they were wonderful.
- Crème Brule’ – Just lovely!
For the quality you get the prices are fair. Range of $35-75 per person for dinner.
I give it five stars ***** out of five. The food is amazing, the interior has been updated and is very elegant of a high-end supper club, service is attentive, very professional, and well informed, and since it is family owned – they will remember your face and name – which is unheard of in today’s new trendy restaurant culture. Third generation family own and run, and they are the people who greet you as you arrive and as you leave. My favorite steakhouse in Minnesota…and there is not even a close second!
I hope you found my blog review of “Murray’s Steakhouse” helpful. Look for more blogs on all aspects of Minnesota, real estate, and the world around us.
Just call, text, or email me with questions.
The Anderson Team