19 Aug 1065 24th Ave SE, Minneapolis
1065 24th Ave SE
1605 24th Ave SE, Minneapolis
List Price $350,000
Welcome to a charming home located in the popular Como area of Minneapolis. Located near both highway 280 and Interstate 35W, the U of M St. Paul campus and the Minnesota Fair.
The main floor features a wonderful front porch, a vestibule with original doors and woodwork, a beautiful front entrance with a bay window and sitting area, lovely oak staircase, and front closet. The entrance opens to the spacious living room that has tung oiled & waxed red oak floors, 10-inch trim, painted woodwork, and lovely windows. Two white enameled pillars greet you as you walk into the formal dining room that also has beautiful windows, red oak floors and the original oak built-in buffet that has leaded glass, beveled mirror and has a wax & oil finish. From there you walk into the large kitchen with maple cabinets, a butler’s pantry with ceramic counters and backsplash, and a rear vestibule to the backyard. The spacious kitchen has plenty of room for a kitchen table or island.
Up the beautiful oak staircase to the second level and to the landing area that has a 1890 light fixture (from the seller’s previous home in Bridgnorth, England), lovely maple floors, and a full bath with beautiful new flooring. Also, you will find a charming 3rd bedroom, a 2nd bedroom that opens to an upper-level porch which the seller says, “Feels like we are in the trees – our favorite place!” And lastly the owner’s bedroom, which is bathed in light and features many windows, two closets and has its own private tree-top deck that overlooks the backyard.
The basement has a finished storage room, laundry area, a ¼ bath, the newer high-efficiency furnace, AC system, 100-amp circuit breaker panel and lots of storage.
The backyard is fenced, has a small patio area, lots of beautiful bushes, trees, landscaping and a two-car plus garage with additional parking next to the garage.
Don’t miss a wonderful opportunity to own this charming home
- · Style: Two-story
- · Taxes: $4,577
- · Lot size: 42×128
- · Foundation size: 912
- · Above ground finished: 1,584
- · Exterior: Stucco
- · Year built: 1957
- · Garage: two-plus car
- · Porches: Two
- · Deck: One on the second floor
- · Bedrooms: Three
- · Baths: One and a quarter
- · Windows new in 2005
- · New furnace & AC in 2019
- · 100-amp circuit breakers
- · Built-in oak buffet with leaded glass, beveled mirror & bronze scones
- · Red Oak hardwood floors – tung oiled & waxed
- · Maple cabinets in the kitchen
- · Includes refrigerator, range, dishwasher, washer & dryer
- · White painted woodwork
- · Front and rear vestibule
- · Butler’s pantry with ceramic counters and backsplash
- · Front entrance bay window and sitting bench
- · Front coat closet
- · Original oak staircase
- · New garage door in 2018
- · Additional off-street parking next to the garage
- · New plumbing from house to the street
- · New floor in the bathroom
- · Front and rear lamp posts
- · 10-inch trim throughout the home
- · Gas 40-gallon water heater
- · Gutter guards
- · Fenced in backyard
- · Backyard has lovely landscaping with a flowering crab apple tree
- · Alderwood tree in front is home to squirrels and birds alike
- · Front porch: 27×7
- · Upper porch: 16×6
- · Entrance: 9×8
- · Living room: 18×13
- · Dining room: 15×13
- · Kitchen: 14×11
- · Butler’s pantry: 6×5
- · Owners’ bedroom: 17×11
- · Bedroom two: 15×11
- · Bedroom three: 11×11
Is Como-Minneapolis rated as a good place to live?
Niche.com rated Como-Minneapolis the high rating of a “A“. It was given it A’s for outdoor activities, nightlife, health & fitness, and commute.
Some general information I have found about Como-Minneapolis.
Some information about Como-Minneapolis. The population is 6,715, ranked as 25th out of 83 neighborhoods in Minneapolis for young professionals, has a median income of $41,040, over 50 percent are college educated, and is known as a community close to and part of the U of M community.